Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Growing up...




I used to think that I needed to accomplish many things and acquire various skills in order to become "a real woman"....I even had a list that I would add to when I found something worthy of carefully penning onto my "real grown up woman" list.

...you know what?

I don't believe that anymore. I don't believe that I need to be able to cut a strawberry in my hand, cook amazing healthy meals, have read all the classic women's literature, be selfless, a good hostess, or have a closet full of fashionable clothing to make me into a grown woman.

Why did I think that all the things on my "list" mattered so much? What made me think that I wasn't worth it if I did not complete everything on the list?

I threw the list away yesterday.

and today? I felt like a real grown up woman. A woman who saw God in the faces around her, counted the ways God loved her moment by moment, and when things didn't work out the way she planned? She prayed for God in those places instead of throwing the moment away as a failure.

I'm growing up. It is glorious.

xoxo,
Kayla

0 comments:

Post a Comment