Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The non-quilter's quilt

I've been dreaming of this quilt for weeks. I made my first baby quilt for a little boy in August and was dying to make a full-sized one for myself. And then I saw the fabric line that Made By Rae just released and I fell in love with the pink bunting. 




I found a cotton coral sheet at goodwill for $3 for the back. Cotton black and white polka dot and a cotton/poly mint to go with the pink bunting and I then I just had to plan a time to make it.

Luckily, while I was home for the weekend my sister Kimber and I hosted a Crafternoon with some friends. There's nothing better than crafting with friends! Our friends C, Bret, and Maddie came over. C and Bret did watercolors, Kimber made a quilt for the baby she nannies for, and Maddie made her halloween costume. Such a productive afternoon! 



I am so in love with this quilt. It's the perfect size and weight, and it is so so so adorable. It is so easy to make too, the perfect afternoon project. Just cut your fabric into strips, sew together. Place top piece and back piece right-sides together (I decided not to add batting) and sew all the way around leaving a space (Kimber did this part for me! She's such a nice sister). Turn right-side-to using the space you left open. Sew the opening closed. Top stitch all the way around and quilt across every other row. And done!

I'm off to cuddle my kitten with my cozy quilt. 

xoxo, kayla. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment